Monday, March 15, 2010

Adventures in Filmmaking Land- week 1



I’m having the time of my life working on the independent film Half Empty. With a great script and an even better cast & crew, I am so happy to be a part of this process. We enjoyed working at four locations during our first week. Two days were spent in an office in Gig Harbor where we were spoiled by a big comfy sofa and TV so we could watch the Olympics in between takes. The second location was a pretty sweet bookstore seemingly run by cats. I love that there were signs posted on the door stating “Filming in Progress, quiet please” and more than once we heard people reading the sign aloud saying “oh, they’re filming a movie in there” and “oh, I wonder if they can hear us”. Yeah, we heard you and yeah, it made me giggle. From there, we ventured to the lovely town of Lakewood where we shot some of my favorite scenes. During the downtime I was lucky enough to be entertained by the cutest dog I’ve ever seen and a guitar wielding, cammo-clad, multitalented producer. We spent three very exciting days in an old military hospital which is now a combat medic training facility. Getting lost on the military base, emergency simulations right outside the set, firemen looking for the source of smoke, real combat footage shown during lunch and getting rushed with the fake guns were some of the exiting reasons for my elevated blood pressure that week. The final day of filming definitely held its own set of challenges, but it ended in drinks & food with good guys at the awesome Red House. I am a lucky girl.

www.oldloyalfilms.com


photos courtesy of Rick Walters

No comments:

Post a Comment