Tuesday, October 19, 2010

B is for Brushes

No matter how many makeup brushes I have- I’ll always want more. I love how a nice brush feels in my hand and how soft the bristles are. I’m fascinated by the different shapes of brushes, the variety of uses and the colors. It’s amazing how I’ve become completely dependent on a few specific brushes, for example, my MAC 208 angled brow & 242 shader are my go-to brushes for filling in brows and blending shadow around the eyes for the perfect smoky eye. I’m also completely dependent on my new Sonia Kashuk angled precision brush for doing my own gel eyeliner.

With the average price of a single brush ranging from $4 up to $60, you can see how brushes are one of the biggest investments makeup artists make. Luckily, quality brushes that are properly cared for can live a long, full life.

I have to confess though, that I’m prone to leaving my brushes in weird places. I wish I had a Snickers bar for every time some film crew member came up to me at the end of the day and handed me a brush. Even though I use a set bag, I still manage to set brushes down and walk away.

I’ve been investing in some new pricier brushes lately and trying really hard to retire some of my older (well loved) brushes. That being said, I can’t seem to bring myself to take the older brushes out of my kit so I’m setting a goal, you are officially a witness. By the end of this week, the old brushes will be nestled away in my makeup storage.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this detailed information about brushes. It is important to know the value of your brushes tools.

    Makeup Brush Set

    ReplyDelete